Any banana bread lovers out there?
I have the perfect recipe for you then! These no-bake Banana Bread Bites (now that’s a mouthful)!
The perfect bite-sized anytime snack that will keep your sweet tooth and belly satisfied.
These Banana Bread Bites are :
- Refined sugar-free (or completely sugar-free if you’d like!).
- Gluten-free (see bottom side note about oats)!
- Full of fiber (From oats and flaxseed: read about all the delicious benefits of flax here!)
PLUS! No oven or baking required! You will, however, need a food processor or a high powered blender.
This “treat” is the perfect little grab and go snack for yourself or your children! The first time I made these was actually for little ones. They devoured them!
**Oats: Be on the lookout for a full post on oats and how to properly make and use them!
Until then, a quick note :: Oats are naturally gluten-free. However, during farming, transportation and storage, gluten-containing grains like wheat, rye, barley and spelt may be unintentionally introduced. Some people do have reactions even with pure oats!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (gluten free)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1 TBSP cinnamon (add more if you’d like)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP ground flax seed (sub 2 TBSP oats)
- pinch of salt
- 2 TBSP water (as needed)
- 1-2 TBSP maple syrup (optional)
Pour all ingredients into a food processor and mix until a nice, thick, & slightly sticky dough is formed.
It took about 7ish minutes for mine to fully chop up all of the oats. Stopping the processor every minute or so to stir and get chunks off the sides. I also added a bit of water when the dough seemed to be getting too hard for the blades.
Once a smoother, sticky, dough-like consistency is formed, roll into your preferred sized balls (mine were about 1-2 TBSP)
Store in an airtight container in the fridge!